Positive Energy Activates Constant Elevation



~RZA~

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Braggin on A

So I had the most exciting thing happened yesterday…but let me back up a bit.



Amy was one of my newbies from my very first group of newbies. I have known her for 16 years. Her husband Rod was my friend first…known his crazy ass for 20 years…how’s that for making me feel old? I’m not sure exactly how she ended up with Julie (my original newbie} and I…but she did..in the middle of January or the beginning of February of last year. She came every week but one…braved that bullshit cold and did plenty of running on her own. Ran her first race *this one* and her second race *this one* and the last one that I ran she ran too *this one*. And now…drum roll please….she’s running *this one*. That’s right..she’s running her first half marathon…not even a year and a half after starting running.


She sent me a text yesterday asking if I was sitting down and tells me that she just signed up for the Wisconsin Half Marathon…..the same race that I’m doing the full. She thinks she’s crazy….I think she’s amazing. Of the 5 people that I’ve worked with….she is my only consistent runner….the only one that has stuck with it…and I couldn’t be more proud of her. She did her longest run to the tune of 8 miles yesterday…when it was about 12 degrees.

She's going to be outstanding!  And I stand in awe of her taking on such a huge goal as a newer runner.  You go Ames...you are going to KILL IT!!

2 comments:

  1. So cool to see you believe in her and support her so much. She's amazing and lucky to have someone like you! :) Happy to find your blog...Love your writing voice...very nice to read...makes me want to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amanda! Just was reading at your blog and became you 100th follower!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails