Positive Energy Activates Constant Elevation



~RZA~

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

NightRunning

I had the most amazing run tonight. V…my oldest…actually wanted to spend some time with me and when I said I was going to run tomorrow night he asked if he could go with. Not wanting the moment to escape…I told him that I’d drop lil T off at church and when I got back we could head out.



We knocked out 5.5 snowy miles and I finally got to show him the trails behind his high school that I’ve been telling him about. They hadn’t been touched so running on them was no picnic…he couldn’t understand why it was so hard…LOL. But leave it to that kid to be able to not run for months and then go 5.5 miles like he does it every day. His natural ability just staggers me and I wish a little of it would rub off on me! I can’t wait to see what he does under the hands of a real coach when track season rolls around. Although he handles distance so beautifully that I wonder if he’ll be able to sprint…although I’m unsure what distances they do in high school..we’ll have to wait and see. He really enjoyed the cooler weather..it was about 33 degrees which is darn warm lately. It’s funny though..he was a little wiggy in the places we were running….told me he would never go back there alone and wonders why I do. I told him the good thing about winter running is that it keeps the crazies inside..and the only other people out in this mess are just as screwy as we are so we’re safe. Lots of tracks…none of them human.


One more day of work and I’m off for 4…don’t know what I’m going to do with myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails