Positive Energy Activates Constant Elevation



~RZA~

Saturday, December 4, 2010

A white out, a wipe out, and a pain free run

The first two kinda blew…but I was completely happy with the third. The snow they’ve been promising did indeed show up and hit pretty hard…although the lake effect is what really got us.



I’ve been a little worried about returning to running….nervous to be exact. Although I’ve been pain free for around a week, with my marathon training looming….I really don’t have time for this setback. I woke up this morning to a beautiful snowy wonderland that didn’t look like it was stopping anytime soon. I don’t particularly dislike winter running….as long as the roads, paths, sidewalks are clear I’m good down to just about any degree or lack thereof. But being the first snow of the year…they weren’t…and I went anyways. Skip was out snow blowing the driveway and I layered up and headed out….and made it exactly a half mile before turning around and heading home to adjust clothing. I wasn’t cold…but it was snowing like a bitch and my neck was exposed…so I headed home and exchanged my two shirts for a tank and lightweight jacket that zips to my chin. Back on my way and feeling much better although visibility was for shit…my sunglasses were a total wash because they kept fogging up. I headed over to my pike river trail in hopes that whomever kept it plowed last year had been out….but they hadn’t. It was good though…I felt fantastic and my foot felt fine for the whole 5 miles that I ground out. I worked on keeping my landing to a midfoot strike and this is becoming more natural….even in shoes…awesome. The wipeout came about 3 miles in on a road that had been plowed. I was trying to stomp the snow off and out of my shoes and damned if one of them didn’t go right out from under me. Another good thing about winter running…extra padding….HA! I didn’t realize it at the time but my right knee took a nasty beating on that wipeout…leaving me with a beauty of a bruise…and of COURSE it happens right in front of the giant Sears truck parked to deliver something or other. The two delivery guys gave me a big thumbs up when I went by after getting up off my ass….glad I could amuse you dudes.


And I just have to touch briefly….or not so briefly….on something that’s irritating me today. Facebook….or more correctly…stupid bitches on facebook. I’m sure everybody has them..you know the ones….that you just can not delete because it’s a sick fascination….like a train wreck…that you just have to look at….even though it makes you want to hurl.


So that’s my Saturday. I’m going to go crawl onto my husband and watch tv…or something :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails