Positive Energy Activates Constant Elevation



~RZA~

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Lazy Days

So my parents have been married 40 years today..can you imagine? Some days I don’t want to see Skip for the next 40 minutes..let alone 40 years. In a little bit I am heading out to pick up the cake and then down to the church for their party. It’s funny….I had a 30th anniversary party for them…mom wanted to have one because she didn’t think Dad would live to see a 40th….and here it is…10 years later. Go Dad!



On the running front..there hasn’t been a whole lot of it going on. I’m reverse tapering I like to think…HA! I ran on Tuesday..and then again on Thursday….and not a step since. I’ve got another week or so till I have to settle down and start thinking about Lighthouse. I have been cross training plenty…getting back to Tae-Bo and still with the yoga. I am becoming a yogawhore. I freaking LOVE it!! I think for my birthday…which is like next week I think..I’m going to actually ask for something and have Skip get me a package at the yoga studio thingy downtown. Now here’s the secret…for all the years I’ve worked out….going on 14 years now…I have NEVER took an actual class. I have DVD’s up the wazoo and all the yoga I do is off the T.V…..but never an actual class…with actual people. I’ve just never really felt the need…and as I’m not overly fond of people…I figured it would just irritate me. Why the change? Who knows…I am constantly changing…maybe at 35 I will finally grow up.


On the barefoot front. Of the two times I did run…one was completely barefoot and the other was 3 miles barefoot and two in the Free’s. I don’t think I even want to go back to the Mizunos…I think now is the perfect time to truly transition. This may mean that I am screwed at Lighthouse…and I may change my mind next week…but for now…that is the plan.

And the questions of the day....are you a joiner?  Do you take classes of any sort?  Why?  Why not?

3 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary to your parents! My parents celebrated theirs in October last year too - seems like a LONG time :)

    I am a yoga wimp, but I think if I had the $ I'd like to try a studio so someone could tell me how WRONG I was actually doing it.

    (btw, I saw a couple great pics of you and your son from the finish line - if you haven't dug through the lost and found pictures, you should...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't!! OMG....gastric bypass jiggle at it's worst..LOL!! I love his face though..priceless :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to your parents!!! I can't even imagine! ;)

    I took a fencing class like ten years ago with my mom...that was sorta fun! And then my second only ever class was yoga with my sister for four weeks last month. It was GREAT!! I'm kinda with you, sorta meh on the people front. But 2 things: 1. having an instructor seriously rocked. I didn't realize how wrong I had been doing things...even something as simple as downward dog! 2. having strangers around me made me work even harder. It's easy to stop a pose when the dvd moves on or if I'm tired at home. But my teacher really pushed us! Hopefully you'll find some good stuff like this!! If it wasn't so expensive, I'd take classes all the live long day :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails