Positive Energy Activates Constant Elevation



~RZA~

Friday, May 6, 2011

The Thank Yous

When Skip and I got married we didn’t really have a wedding. Being horrified that I did this for the SECOND time my mother decided that we would have a reception at the church to at least prove to the family that I did in fact marry again…and that I wasn’t knocked up.

When we learned that we were going to be forced to do this, we had to try to figure out a way to make people not buy us shit. We’re of the like mind that it being both of our second marriages and the fact that I already owned a house and he was 34 years old, that people should not be buying us things or giving us money. I know that people still ask for shit and do registries when they’ve been shacked up for years..but both of us think that sort of thing is just lame. So we sat around and thought and thought of something to do…and I don’t remember if it was him or me…but we thought…dude..it’s almost Thanksgiving….lets ask for non-perishable food donations in lieu of gifts. Long story short…we filled the pantry at the church with plenty of leftovers…it RAWKED. So instead of personal thank you cards…we did one…mass copied it..and handed it out to people as they left.


Anywaysss…really long story short..it said something to the effect of…


We are not people unto ourselves…You each have contributed…either in huge ways or in small ones…to making us who we are today….and for that…we wanted to thank you.


That’s not it exactly…but that’s the jist. So here are the thank you’s…to the people that make the total…that is me.


Skip- My love…my support…the consistent, steadfast man that always understands and loves me…in spite..or maybe because…of my crazy antics. If it wasn’t for you…I would NOT have been able to do this. Thank you for believing in me…even when I didn’t.


Dominic and Tate- Yes…Tate is the name of the artist formally known as lil T. My beautiful babies. Thank you…for understanding when Mo had to be gone…or when we couldn’t go somewhere until Mo got home…or because Mo was too tired from running.


Vincent- You get your own thank you…for helping me finish this thing that I started so long ago. For being my first born and good, bad or otherwise…the child that is most like me. For finishing SouthShore with me and telling me I looked strong…we both knew you were full of shit.


Mom and Dad- Thank you. For loving me…for teaching me to finish what I start…and for trying to understand something that is so foreign to you.


My Work People- For listening to me go on and on about training for the last 4 months…or 10 years.


My very small Blogger network- It’s amazing to read stories about people that DO get it…that DO understand…that HAVE been exactly where you are at this time. Awesome!


And last but not least…God. For tossing me down here into the care of so many wonderful people. For listening to me cry and carry on so many times over the years. For giving me the able, strong body and mind to complete this race.


That’s it…the very last of all I’ve got. See ya on the flipside of 26.2. Night all


Xoxo


0 days

3 comments:

  1. What a great post! I think people who don't run, don't understand that sometimes just getting to the starting line is a marathon in itself....and we certainly don't get there alone. We brought an army with us...and my guess is that your army will be celebrating with you at the end! Have a great freaking run! ROCK IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THIS ROCKS!!!!!! (and so does what you did in lieu of gifts for your wedding!!! I want to copy you!!)
    I cannot WAIT to hear all about the guts and glory of today. Do NOT hesitate to share as many details as you want ;) AHHHHHH SO EXCITED!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome post. Love the idea of food donations!

    Good luck today!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails