Positive Energy Activates Constant Elevation



~RZA~

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

May Mileage and Memorial Pics

103.36 Not bad except that 26.2 of those happened on the same day….HA!


After my 6 mile run yesterday…I think I reached a decision about Lighthouse…and that is to do the 4 mile race and do it barefoot. And maybe…just maybe…I’ll have an enjoyable race.  Here are a couple of pics from my early morning Memorial Day run...I really need to get back into morning running....soo peaceful.
First 4 miles on these.
Pike River Path greening up for summer.
Last two miles in these.
My 7 dollar Walmart water shoes...not bad at all for running.
Gorgeous right?  I think I want to buy the place.

So Dom and I ran 2 miles down by the lake tonight. I got a text from him at work today asking me if we could run together tonight. How could I pass that up? My boys are both coming to the point where spending time with their parents is a requirement…not something they WANT to do. So needless to say I jumped at the chance.   It was hot but he held up like a trooper and we both ran without shoes.  Brian also came with us and I think his tongue was hanging almost to the ground.

In yoga news…I have my second class tomorrow night. Skip and I are ditching date night for golf and yoga respectively. If I like this class, they do offer it on Monday night and that’s when I’ll take it. I’m going to bring my new purple mat…love that thing.

What's your favorite time of day to run?  Do you mind the heat?

7 comments:

  1. What did you think of the Wally world shoes?? I've never tried them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've run in worse...like my Frees...HATE those! Seriously though..not bad...but I've only got like 10 miles on them

    ReplyDelete
  3. OY the heat! I really dislike it and the summer is when I'll be doing the bulk of my marathon training. I just suffer through, no other way around it. I honestly don't remember my favorite time of day to run. It has been a while since I've had a really good run regardless of the time of day. I'm hoping tomorrow breaks that streak! Great job on your run!

    ReplyDelete
  4. By the by, what brand of yoga mat did you get? I feel like it wouldn't matter, but I bet it does ;)

    Although my runs are the slowest in the morning, I agree, it really is peaceful! I used to love running during my lunch hours at my old job...not having to get up early, but getting it out of the way. I like my evening runs after work too...sweat away the awful days ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What brand? There's brands? It came from Target. I figure if I stick with it I'll invest in a good one some day. This won was like 30 bucks maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha!! Yeah when I was at Target I was trying to decide and they had a normal version, Giam or whatever it was, and a cheap knockoff version. I wondered if there was REALLY a difference ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally can't spell....how about this ONE

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails