Positive Energy Activates Constant Elevation



~RZA~

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Let’s Talk Ex’s and a Few Pics

Because my run really sucked today….HA!

As many of you know…Sunday was my parents 40th anniversary party. It went off without a hitch…good time was had by all…..including my ex-husband who had a very special personal invitation by my mother. Adam and I have known each other for almost 20 years…and since we divorced many many moons ago….we have become good friends as well as parents to our two boys. This was not always the case…..but we always managed to present a united front to our kids….never let them play one against the other…and managed to never say bad things about the other. This took A LOT of doing…especially on my part due to this and that. But he is like my dad in many ways…I don’t necessarily want him in the day to day business….but he’s always got my back and is really good at the bad stuff.


How does Skip feel about this you ask? Or not? He could give a shit less. He talks to Adam more then I do. They have wayyy more in common then a wife/ex-wife and kids/step kids…they both love the Green Bay Packers, sports, smoking, camping…etc. They watched the Super Bowl together and countless other games over the years. They respect each other…and are friends.


Which goes to show….even when things end badly….you can act like grown-ups…and come out way better for it.
Isn't this a riot?  If I photo shopped Kid Rock in I could have husbands Past, Present and Future!
On another completely unrelated note…my wonderful husband (current)…surprised me with a gift certificate to the yoga studio downtown for my birthday next week. See? He reads my blog….how cool is that? Thank you baby…I am the luckiest girl in the world.

3 comments:

  1. Oh honey! Could I tell you some stories! :)
    I'm much closer to my husband's ex than he is! How many portraits have I sat through? Holidays at her families house? All for the sake of keeping the peace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That's awesome about the yoga studio GC! I know you're gonna love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES!!! Awesome stuff! I hope you like it...even if yoga alone is preferable!
    You crack me up with your Kid Rock ;) It's nice to just let bygones be bygones...takes a lot of maturity :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails