Positive Energy Activates Constant Elevation



~RZA~

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Turtles, Trails and Birthdays

Sunday Lori and I drove down to the Des Plains River Path in Illinois. Lori had spotted it at some time or another and really wanted to check it out and I’m always game for a change of scenery. She wanted to do 10 and that sounded fine even though I’d already done a 10 that week. I got that tattoo on Thursday and wasn’t even supposed to have shoes on but I covered it with A*D ointment and some no-stick gauze and off we went. I decided to attempt to do this run in the Frees trying to keep in moving to the straight minimal/barefoot running…and I did. My calves and feet are getting less sore and I feel like this is going smoothly.

It was a beautiful trail and the sun was out…perfect. The miles clicked away and we did an out and back of 5 miles and crossed one road…awesome! On the way back we saw this guy…who after showing the pics to Dr. Foster he informed me that he was probably a she and she was looking for a place to nest.

I wasn't getting my foot much closer then that.
It was covered in moss slime and had a snail attached to it's shell!


Yesterday was yoga and also my 35th birthday…both were good. I am only 5 years away from 40…and though that sounds weird…I’m excited to be that age…..looking forward to it the same way I did to 30. Today I got off early and headed over to Lake Andrea for 5 miles. I did the first 2.25 in a pair of MaryJane looking water shoes that I bought at Wal-Mart for 7 bucks. I wanted to try what a truly minimal shoe may feel like before dropping bones on something I hate like the Frees. They were really good..I could feel the ground and my heels were flat to it with there still being something between me and the earth. I will keep using them till I can do my entire shorter runs…6 miles or less…truly barefoot. Right now I’m back up to 3 miles completely nekkid. Good stuff. My feet feel strong but even with the gravel marching I did all winter..my soles need more toughening I guess. I am undecided what to wear for my long run this Thursday….stick with the Frees….go with the water shoes…or with my trusty Mizunos.


Anywho….Vincent has his last concert of the year tonight…ohh…I never mentioned he is a musical genius as well as a running prodigy? Football…ugg.

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! I am with you, I am excited to see what the 40's have in store for me.
    That turtle is huge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy happy birthday! I love running the Des Plaines trail - I'll probably be there for hours Saturday trying to hit 20 :P

    I keep meaning to check out Lake Andrea. It's so close to me, but I never seem to head in that direction to run...

    ReplyDelete
  3. And here's my official "blogger" happy b'day ;) Love that you're trying water shoes!! Hopefully they help get you farther and you can lose the Frees for good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRLIE!!!

    That looks like a beautiful trail - I haven't run longer than 5 since the half-mary....oops. I think I just need a break from running, even though I want to get back into it. Well, my brain wants to, but my heart isn't into it yet. I hope it will come back soon!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails