Positive Energy Activates Constant Elevation



~RZA~

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Greetings from the Quad Cities

Ugly, industrial...even the Mississippi River can't make it beautiful... I had so many hopes that I would fall in love with this area...but alas...that is NOT the case.  So on that note...I am certain they will offer him the job....LMAO!!

I had a good run Tuesday morning.  I woke Vincent up at 4:50 A.M. and drug his ass out and ran him for 4.5 miles.  Now that's not JUST because I'm a mean mama...I signed him up for that 5K in April and told him if I was going to spend money on entering him in races....the least he can do is be prepared for them.  He did fine....he hadn't run since Cross Country in the fall and he still knocked out 4.5 miles on an average of a little over 9 minute miles....rockin...that boy. 

So today was a cross day.  I didn't bring any videos with me so I hit the 'little' gym at the hotel and did 50 minutes on the elliptical and 15 minutes on free weights.  It took everything in me not to hop on that treadmill....or go outside for that matter.  Freakin GORGEOUS out today!!!!  But I did it.  And later found a nice path that runs along the Rock River that I'm going to do intervals on in the morning.  It's strange cutting my mileage...but isn't driving me nuts yet.  I guess I'm just so damn tired that I can't kick up a fuss about it?  Who knows.

So Skips interview was this morning @ 7:30 in the morning.  Poor guy...we didn't even get in till 9 the night before...and damn lil T got up about every hour on the hour wanting to know if it was morning and if we were going to go swimming!!  He was exhausted...but I'm sure did fine.  Now lil T and are are chillin in the hotel and the boys are out to dinner somewhere or another.  I did find a running store and got a hand held water bottle...it was called 'Running Wild'...kind of a cute place...not real big....it was in Davenport, IA. 

Anywho....that's all I've got.  Going to try to get some sleep tonight.  I'm sure my little one will have me up at the butt crack of dawn wanting to go swimming, eating, shopping...whatever.  This girl was born for vacations.

3 comments:

  1. Yep yep not much pretty there, but it is a good area. Glad your having a good time. I know Gimpy did just fine, he rocked it out. Hotels are always "fun" with kids, no sleeping is a given.
    Miss you bunches..
    PS Tell him Reno/Tahoe may need him ;)
    xoxo
    KC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you found a good place for your intervals tomorrow at least :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've driven through that area a few times (used to live in Des Moines and still visit from time to time)...it never struck me as a particularly ugly place, but I didn't really pay attention I guess...is there at least Riverboat gambling??! Anyway, have fun swimming! I LOVE hotel swimming hahaha!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails