Positive Energy Activates Constant Elevation



~RZA~

Saturday, May 15, 2010

16.2 Miles

It was supposed to be 10….but I was feeling it..and when you feel it…you better grab that bitch and go. And that’s just what I did. It was funny..when I was looking at my splits after I got home I realized that my fastest miles were the last 7 or so. This run told me several things.


1. Not only do I have a full marathon in me…I have it in me to do it soon…if I want.


2. I run better the longer I’ve been out. I still had plenty left when I was done..and ran around the rest of the day with the kids.


3. There are plenty of places in Racine that I haven’t run in….and I ran in a bunch today.


4. Running early Saturday morning is great for scoping garage sales.






I think upping the strength training is really doing something for my endurance…or at least my ability to do long distances and recover fairly easily. I felt great all day…very little soreness…I could have gone farther. So I think I can do this one of two ways…I can run one this fall…and be pretty prepared…having run the distance multiple times over the summer….*Skip will MURDER me as I told him specifically NOT to let me do this*. Or…I can just keep running..stick with my original plan…and run Kenosha next May. Another angle is that doing one this fall will mean I can forget any idea of having my dad be there….he’s not well enough to trek to Milwaukee or wherever I may have to go to find one. So honestly….doing one this fall would be selfish…and mostly about me. So I guess there really is no question. Kenosha opens in September…I think Papa will look splendid with a cheese shaped medal hanging around his neck.

In other news…we booked a *non Skip finding another job* camping trip today. We’re heading up north mid-July to go camping for 4 days. Some little hole in the wall place that had a cabin and a lake..and a place for Mama to run….all is good in my world. I can’t wait to get the hell outta here for a little bit. In other other news….I’m getting the new tires put on my Charger tomorrow. I’m really glad this is getting done due to the fact that I can’t even stick a finger tip in the tread of the ones that are on there now.

Meeting just Amy tomorrow morning for a run. We’ve never run just the two of us before…and we’re heading down to the big lake instead of Lake Andrea. It should be interesting because by watching her…I think she’s capable of running faster then she does….I’m going to test that tomorrow. Jules and Traci are up in the Dells raising hell at the state dart tournament….no more wooping people’s asses Jules…at least not till you’re home.

1 comment:

  1. Your ability is staggering! Is that the right word? Like I stagger back in awe when I hear the news? Haha!! Seriously though, it's a natural talent and you're right, you DO gotta grab that bitch and go! Meanwhile, your thought processes about fall v spring are very impressive too. I have no doubt you could run a marathon in the fall. But if you think the "right time" is spring, not because of the psychical part, but what running a marathon means to you...you have to trust your heart.

    All in all, congrats on this run!! After reading this post, I thought about how I miss running long distance. Aside from that day I did 14, the other ones all felt really good. I look forward to getting back there :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails