Positive Energy Activates Constant Elevation



~RZA~

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Who Let The Dogs Out

So today was supposed to be another 10 mile day…easing back on the mileage and all…and it turned into 12. I looped…and looped a bit farther then planned. It was bitchy windy and cold to boot. Yuk…I was spoiled with last weekend…tank top and shorts…today I was in full pants, two shirts and gloves…ha ha….have I mentioned that I HATE Wisconsin? I also ran into two dogs today. One was behind a fence…but could damn near launch his giant ass over it trying to kill me. The other was loose…wearing a collar so he belonged to somebody….and decided he was going to chase me until I screamed him into submission…..have I mentioned that I HATE people? If you can not keep your dog contained/controlled…you don’t deserve to have a dog. I had several incidents last summer over on the trail near my house…one being a dog ATTACKING my 9-year-old dog and biting her in the head. I kicked the shit out of the dog to get it off of her…and called the dogs owner…who just stood there watching…every name in the book…and I can be VERY creative. Ugg…what a morning.



After coming home and showering…we headed out to price tires for my Charger. Now there’s 600 bucks I really don’t feel like spending….but mine are completely bald…I have almost 70 thousand miles on them…so it’s time. But..we ended up finding some at Sears that will come in under 600 and include lifetime rotation…which I’m sure they don’t bank on people doing…but I’m one of those people that actually does rotate their tires…every other oil change. Have I mentioned that I LOVE my car? I also picked up a couple of tank tops for running and some fitted shorts to try. I don’t mind baggy ones….but I figure I’d give these a whirl and see how the go. Nordic Track actually has some decent running stuff…or stuff that can be used for running. One of my favorite long sleeve tech shirts came from them….good stuff.


Meeting the girls at Lake Andrea in the morning…I think we’re going to attempt 4 miles…that’s the full distance for their next race. And on that front…I signed up for Lighthouse on Friday…I can’t WAIT to do that one this year!

I also wanted to share this picture….some of the most influential men…boys from my childhood. It was taken by his wife at the 35th birthday party of my best friend growing up. From left to right..




Kelly- Moved in across the street when I was one. He was my VERY best friend and we played together every day for years. We started fires together, ate cat food in his barn, caught snakes and held onto the horse fence so we could get shocked. It was his 35th birthday…and I wish I could have been there.


Scott- Kelly’s older brother…best friend to my older brother. He bought the house he grew up in and I see him often. I always figured I’d marry him when I was about 40 if neither of us ever got married to anyone else...*we both did...one of us twice :)*


Paul- My little brother..and one of the great lights in my life….nuff said.


Andy- Came along later…best friend to my little brother Paul. Lived at the very end of our dead end street. He’s grown into such a nice man.


Bruce- My older brother…best friend to Scott. When I moved back to Kenosha after my divorce…Bruce moved into my basement out of my parents house so that I wasn’t raising my boys alone in a house.


So there it is…in a picture…so VERY many things. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. This dogs sound liek they are only good for one thing, one right between the eyes.. Sorry to read about Jenga.. I would have killed that damn dog, and the owner to boot. Tires suck, we go through that too with the Roush, now eva as well when its time.. Glad you dfound some at a good price. Mike found some at wally world too a few years back that worked ok when we were in a pinch. Now were running strickly yokos. Love them, except in the ice LMAO..
    You know my thoughts on the pic :} I know my secrets are safe with you...
    Nice hearing about your childhood had to laugh my ass off at the fence shock. Reminded me of throwing crab apples through the neighbors garage perched from atop a tree and busting the window and having to pay for it with the hide off my ass.

    Great post
    xoxo
    kc

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing! Good luck with the 4 miles :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails