Positive Energy Activates Constant Elevation



~RZA~

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Thursdays Intervals and Bloodletting.

I hate Thursdays. It should be a happy day because I get to sleep till 5:30 instead of 4:30 because I’m off Thursday s. And speaking of being off Thursday s…..I need to figure out something for the fall with lil T. If I don’t adjust my work schedule…she’ll be at school..including before and after care…for 10 hours a day…and that’s just bullshit. I don’t want that for her….she’s flippin 5 for gods sake. So I spoke with my manager yesterday about leaving by 3 one day during the week…at least until fall sports are over and the boys will be home for her…and she ‘didn’t know if they could do that’. Really? Now they can adjust the schedule around our student…and god FORBID if it’s something with someone else’s kid…but to hell with lil T right? Skip and I both work a half hour away from our home…in opposite directions..so neither of us are even in Racine till 5 pm….errr…I am crazy pissed. I promised Skip I would be out of there before T started kindergarten…maybe I need to start working on my resume. Nine fucking years I’ve given them…most of them without insurance as a ‘per diem’ employee….now tell me how many ‘per diem’ employees do you know that have a set in stone schedule of 32 plus hours a week and no insurance, retirement, 401K…etc. Blah



So I had an ok run today…intervals. I was going to start with 1600 and move down…but 800 meters into that first 1600 I realized that it was going to be 800s at best..with 400 recoveries. I’ve been exhausted this week. I donated blood on Monday night and it completely wipes me out. I had to wait a year after surgery before I could start donating again and this is only the second time I’ve even tried it because it just kills me! I specifically did it on a day that I’d already done weights thinking that ‘all’ I had to do in the morning was run…not lift..so I’d be fine. WRONG! My pace on Tuesday morning was awful and I took walk breaks on a 5 mile run and barely made it home. Note to self…while still in race training…do NOT donate blood…HA HA! I couldn’t hit my paces this morning either…but at least it was nice out.


Lighthouse is in less then a month. I’m excited!! I love this race…it’s along a beautiful route and hopefully the weather cooperates this year unlike last year when it was about 90 degrees and MUGGY! My time last year was 1:47 for the 10 mile so my only real goal for this year is to beat that. It should happen…as I’m in much better condition this year and 10 miles is something I do on a ‘short’ longrun day. Not to mention…it’s my Sunday girls second race and they are stolked! They did 5 miles for the first time this last Sunday and did great! So the 4 mile should be a piece of cake for them. And they serve beer at the end of this race…nuff said.


Well…I need to get lil T out of the tub and start our day. I think we may go down to North Beach if the weather holds. Everyone have a great Thursday!!

3 comments:

  1. T can come here, I will take care of her. Her and 5 will have great fun!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard so much about the Lighthouse Run - I wish I was able to do it (we'll be at a half-Ironman relay that day!)....kick ass girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope things work out for T...

    I'm sure you'll rock your race :) but, you probably do need to keep your blood during training.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails