Positive Energy Activates Constant Elevation



~RZA~

Thursday, May 20, 2010

All City and Sub-10's for Mama

Had a beautiful, hilly 6 mile run this morning and I am now consistently running sub-10 minute miles. Why has it taken over 2 years to do this? Beats the hell outta me but I’m glad. I have hit them the last 4 or 5 weekly runs I’ve done. Even my long run time is getting better. Wonder what’s up with this.
Anywayyyyssssss.....on to more interesting things....


So last night was All City for middle school track. Both the boys competed and I was so happy to finally get to one. V did the mile, mile relay, and the shot put….Dom did the long jump and the 200 meter. I hope the coach from V’s school doesn’t get any extra cash for coaching…because dude doesn’t do shit. I didn’t see him even. No coaching, no guidance…ridiculous. And as far as V has said..practice has been the same thing all season. Hopefully next year they can find someone who actually gives a shit weather or not these kids do well…or hurt themselves…something.


V had the shot first…wasn’t pleased with his performance but it was nice to see that the time Skip spent with him in the backyard wasn’t a waste. He looked wonderful and was one of the few kids that looked like he knew what he was doing….if he did know or not is another story. A while later they called for the boys mile and I had V do some light warm-up running…gave him the best pep talk I could and he headed to the start. Basically what it boiled down to is he got smoked by 2 boys. He took 3rd All City and first for his school. The first two boys were just gone…it was crazy…but you could tell those boys trained because holy shit…they were fast. V struggled…almost from the start..but finished that mile in 5 minutes 50 seconds…which is outstanding….but he was at least 20 seconds behind the first kid. It’s funny though…because he has run a 5K in around 17 minutes…..but he can’t seem to get that mile any faster. I think he may be better suited for longer distances…but we’ll probably never really know because football runs at the same time as cross country…and football is what he’s ALWAYS wanted…and I can’t even mention sidelining his DREAM for my own dream for him. Then came the mile relay….nice recovery right? V ran the first 400 meter and ran it in a bit over a minute…passed the baton and that was that. His school came in 4th or 5th for that. You could really tell the schools that had actual coaches and the ones like V’s school who had a guy who didn’t know what he was doing..or just didn’t care. Ah well…I still deem his first track season a success because he had fun…and learned from it.


Now Dom wasn’t even supposed to be able to participate. His coach told him the day before that he wouldn’t be doing any events because he’d missed practices….I bet that would have been a different story if Dom was fast…ha ha. But he wanted to go anyways to support his school and they ended up having a sick kid so Dom subbed for the guy doing two events that he’d never even done before…go Dom!! He was horrible at the long jump…..I’ll admit that. Dom is a BIG kid and just doesn’t have that kind of thing in him. Then he did the 200 meter and although he came in last…I really got to watch him run..and what I saw was potential…LOTS of potential. He has a beautiful LONG stride and heart to spare. I had tears in my eyes watching him finish….for getting out there…for loving his school…for running with that HUGE heart of his that has room for everyone and everything…my boy…amazing.


So tonight they both have band concerts at the respective schools. And I’m off to clone myself so I can be at both concerts…although I’m leaning towards Doms because his will have cookies.


Hope everyone has a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for commenting on my blog earlier about the GM. I swear: you can't even taste the spinach. It just tasted like a berrie smoothie with vanilla protein powder. I sat in front of my computer with the lights off (it was early morning) and forgot what color it was ... fugly problem solved.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails