Positive Energy Activates Constant Elevation



~RZA~

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Track Meets and Why People Run

I have yet to be able to watch either of the boys at track meets this spring. It is both of their first year running spring track. Dom is doing the shot put and the 400 meter…and V is doing the mile, shot put and 400 meter relay. Skip was able to watch some of V’s meet after picking up Dom from his. My boys are at different schools even though they’re both in middle school….this makes sports difficult when they’re out for the same thing…except when their schools play each other…LOL.


Dom did horrible…his words not mine. I’m sure this isn’t true. He was 5 feet short of his best shot put tonight. I laughed and told him my last race was the slowest I’d ever run that distance. But he had fun…he runs with his heart..he runs for his school.


V won the mile…did it in 6 mins 14 seconds..and it was CRAZY windy tonight. I’m glad I’d had him on a track so this wasn’t his first time running on one. His school took 2nd in the relay…and he didn’t even mention what he did for the shot put…so I’m guessing it was less then Dom. But in my opinion..you have to have some meat behind the shot….Dom has it…V doesn’t. V runs with aggression…for himself…he’s like his mother that way.


I’ve worked it out so I can be at the last meet…all city…in two weeks. They’ll both be there and I can’t wait!!!! Wearing their different colors….there for different reasons.


But it got me to thinking about why people run…what different people get out of it. For me…it’s to get rid of some of that aggression…although most days…there aren’t enough miles in the world. It’s a way to exhaust myself..my mind and body…to leave room for the day to day stuff. I don’t run with my heart….maybe that’s why I never really get better? Maybe tomorrow morning…I’m going to try it…RESET…or something like that. So somebody give me something….why do YOU run..or whatever it is you may do???????????

3 comments:

  1. Having lost 109 pounds before starting to run with still 50 pounds to lose, I run because it is fast exercise and because of the stressors in my life. I run to beat down my demons and to keep myself sane.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny you write this blog because I've been asking myself this question for a couple weeks now (and probably why I haven't run since the Cubs race). I run for goals and I run for competition (with myself and with that one girl I've mentioned haha!) But I need to find better reasons. I don't do it for health. And I don't do it because I'm totally in love with the sport. I need to work on this...find my place in it somewhere. You got me thinking :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually devoted a whole post as to "why I run" - so I won't repost it here. :) But now that I can't run for another week and a half, suffice to say I miss it HORRIBLY...even the bad runs are better than no run at all!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails