Positive Energy Activates Constant Elevation



~RZA~

Thursday, March 17, 2011

50 Days Left and 24 Miles

So I am 50 days out from my first full marathon and I am in hypersensitive mode about everything. I need to calm the hell down…and running 24 miles today didn’t do that. But as I’ve said many times…there aren’t enough miles in the world to fix me….HA!



The Good


-I don’t have to this again till next month.
-It was gorgeous out today despite the wind.
-I fueled properly…I need more fuel in the second half of my run.
-My SPI belt didn’t drive me nuts the entire time.
-I discovered that my MP3 has over 4.5 hours of music on it.
-I didn’t cramp at all and am recovering nicely.
-I met an awesome guy filling the underground gas things at a gas station that told me to get my ass moving because he’d already done his 20 for the day. People love a tired runner girl.
-I ran into one of my patients out on 4 mile road and he recognized me…and I haven’t seen him in over a year…AND   we were over twenty miles and two towns away from where I work…isn’t that funny?
-They were doing firefighter training down on North Beach…and they were sexy


The Bad


-I had my first encounter with being a breath away from getting flattened by an asshole in a minivan.  I seriously smaked his hood with my hand. Have I mentioned that I hate minivans?
-The wind.
-My left foot feels wonky and I don’t like it.
-I have a sunburnt face and legs.
-24 miles is a long freakin way and 26.2 miles is 2.2 miles longer then that!


So the good far outweighed the bad this time around. I felt pretty incredible until the very end and that’s as it should be I suppose. I hope my wonky left foot gets un-wonky because it’s too late in the game for shit to go wrong.


And because I haven’t done it in awhile…


70 days, 6 hours, 3 minutes and 6 seconds smoke free.
1405 cigarettes not smoked.
$385.00 and 10 days, 17 hours of your life saved.
Your quit date: 1/6/2011 12:59:00 PM


50 days

4 comments:

  1. WTG on the 24 miles!!!! You rock girl and congrats on being smoke free for over 70 days!

    Hope the foot unwonkifies itself because you are going to rock that race.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. The only way I'm running 24 miles is if I'm running 26.2 that day. Good luck on the marathon. Mine is like in 70 days and I have not even come close to running that far. My two 20's are not until end of April and beginning of May.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read your profile....and I like you! I decided no matter what you posted about I was going to follow you (and not just because you followed me first - haha), and I love your blog already.

    Ugh, minivans. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Damn girl - 24 miles yesterday?! You are a rock star. You have this marathon in the bag.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails