Positive Energy Activates Constant Elevation



~RZA~

Sunday, March 6, 2011

"I just felt like running" Race Report

So I planned to do this race yesterday but as it turned out…I didn’t do a damn thing yesterday…and it was awesome.





Last night I texted with Lori and planned to meet her over on the path at 9. My plan as to go over there around 8:30…knock out this 5K and be done. I headed over there around 8:15 so I could take a couple of pics before I started. My only real plans for this race was to possibly bury my previous 5K pr from this past September which was a very unimpressive 28:28.

The Course.
The competitor..yeah right.

The course was covered in ice so I quickly decided to reroute this race.

The New Course.
So I found my starting line..part of a crosswalk and turned on my MP3…only to discover that while I thought I had been charging it all night…I had nothing. Oh well…I knew it was only 3 miles and then I’d have Lori to keep me entertained…so it wasn’t the end of the world.


Mile one headed dead into the wind that the weather man promised me wouldn’t be there today…but by .5 I turned around and headed back down the road. A good portion of this 5K was on my half marathon course from last spring….funny. Mile two I was already turned around because I had not encountered a single car and things were moving along nicely. Somewhere coming up on mile 3 I had to slow down due to possible hurling which didn’t end up happening. But the end result was….dah dah dah.
This!
I think I can safely say that I CRUSHED my previous PR from only a couple months ago. Is it the marathon training? The not smoking? Not sure….don’t really care. That time there is pushing respectable folks..and if I can do that on a virtual…what could I do with the real thing? That’s an improvement of 1 minute 19 seconds…or something like that.
Done.
After I was done and positively glowing…I met up with Lori and knocked out 7 more miles to make a lovely 10 mile day. I feel good…strong…ready for anything…including V turning 15 in two days.


Best Running Partner EVER!
This is a great place to run that Lori showed me today.  She called it the Enchanted Forrest...I call it one big ass pee fort!

Have a great week everyone and thanks for hosting this race Jeff!

2 comments:

  1. Great report Claire and nice time. It looks a little cold out there so nice work getting this in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!!

    You are a serious speed demon - I am so impressed with this...wanna pace me on a 5K?? :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails