Positive Energy Activates Constant Elevation



~RZA~

Saturday, March 19, 2011

No Dragonboat?

You don’t say. Skip and I had been wondering why our 300 dollar deposit check for our team hadn’t been cashed. Skip took the kids out to breakfast while Lori and I did a quick or not so quick 5 miler this morning and when they were done stuffing their faces….he went to visit his sister who happens to work with Dragonboat Scrunteye. Dragonboat Scrunteye told Skip that they had cancelled the festival this year because they did not have enough teams signed up. There were 34 teams last year…I just don’t see how that many could have dropped? And when you have to pay over 700 bucks per team..times 34 teams…that’s a lot of freakin cash…..like 23 grand worth of freakin cash…and that doesn’t include the donations from local businesses and whatnot. Not enough money? I don’t really see how. I am pissed and Skip is so very disappointed. We had high hopes this year to have a team that didn’t suck. We’ve met once a month since LAST August with our team to do land practices to prepare. I had our shirts designed and I’ve been buying cases of water since before Christmas.



We haven’t heard from Racine Rotary yet….so hopefully the broad is wrong….but she tends to be ‘in the know’ of such things. There are several other festivals in Wisconsin…one in Madison during the summer and again in Oshkosh in the fall…but it’s not the same. Fuck.


In other news…I did a 50 minute yoga again this morning….and I have to say…I am hooked. So relaxing and difficult at the same time. And I felt amazing while running due to starting so completely loose. Good stuff.


In other other news….Skip is leaving for D.C. tomorrow so I have a peaceful week ahead of me. They had requested him for a couple months but his boss said no…and instead…ok’d him for a number of 1 week stays..which is fine. I hope Obama appreciates all we do for him.

Happy weekend everybody!

4 comments:

  1. Wow you row those boats!!!!! That is COOL!! Great job on the yoga.. I need to do more but I have a hard time because it moves slowly..LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that SUCKS if it doesn't go through with the dragonboat races!!

    Hope you have a nice week and maybe the weather will even hold out for us...I hope!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to do more yoga.

    Bummer if those races don't go through! I remember you posting about that last year and it looked awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That really sucks...Dragonboats sounds so hardcore! Hope you get to do some other race.

    BTW Claire, please come follow my new blog and delete the old one. There were serious issues with it. Here's the new link :)

    http://www.anne-asthmaandthegiftofrunning.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails