Positive Energy Activates Constant Elevation



~RZA~

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Yasso 800's and V's 15th

So in keeping with my training plan my monster mileage buildup is over and now it’s on to speedwork. Don’t get me wrong..I still have big ass long runs coming up…but not like the buildup of the last two months. There’s a method to my madness…we shall see if it holds come race day.

I decided this time round to try those Yasso 800’s that I’ve read so much about. Last time I did mile repeats as my interval/speed stuff and I HATE those….so I was looking for something different…easy if you will. Now for me to run a sub 4:30…lofty I know…marathon….I need to be able to run 10*800 at a rate of 4:12-4:28 per repeat. On Thursday I did 6 of them with an average of 4:10. Could I have done 4 more? Probably…but my pace would have been dropping at the end I’m sure. Either way I am happy with these results for my first time out. Now I will only do these every other week when I’m not doing a huge long run….and I’ll add another repeat every time out. So next time I’ll run 7 of them…trying to fall in that same time range…then 8…etc etc. I like the simplicity of this…and though it’s really supposed to work…I don’t see how being able to complete 10* 800 meter repeats at a certain pace predicts marathon time. And it is HARD! I didn’t realize how much! With recoveries in between intervals my run was almost 8 miles! Good though…and lord knows I am not afraid of work.


And now on to fun stuff. Here are a few pics of my little darlings from Vincents 15th birthday.
V and lil T
V and Papa....two peas in a pod there
My brothers and my boy...
Oh yes I did make him that ghetto cake and he LOVED it.
Can you tell how happy they are to spend time anywhere near me?  Please please let us get away from our mom!!!!!!!
I love her sparkling eyes
Today and yesterday I was on my own. Lori was having some mad back pain after knocking out a 25 miler this week preparing for her ultra the end of this month. Yesterday I did 4 miles easy and this morning I ran 8.5 miles..6 of those at marathon goal pace and 2 at sub 9’s. I was feeling amazing and kicked off the shoes at the end and did a half mile barefoot. I am about to come out of my skin for spring and back to barefooting!!!!!!
I hate these shoes...I really do.

1 comment:

  1. I put shoes on to go to the gym this morning and hated it, really really hated it. Don't know how I will wear shoes in winter.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails