Positive Energy Activates Constant Elevation



~RZA~

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Torn

I know he doesn’t read this so I can vent here. V does not want to run track…and I am destroyed. A little background. V is a running prodigy see here…he beats adults on the 5K with no training. He took 3rd last spring on a 5K with almost no training…only a little from me and I don’t know what I’m doing. Not 3rd for his age group…3rd for the whole thing…taking first for the 13 to 18 age group...he had just turned 14 at the time. I can’t even imagine what this child could do under the hands of a real coach.



He ran last year…and really enjoyed it…until he got spanked on the mile in All City at the very end. I think quite a bit of him not wanting to do it this spring is fear of the unknown…and a little teenage laziness thrown in.


I don’t know what to do. There are certain things I will force my children to do…schoolwork, church…hygiene..things I know they need. But do I force something that I know he’ll be good at….and enjoy once he’s doing it? Or is that my dreams for him talking? I let him choose football over cross country this fall..because although he would have liked to…he couldn’t do both. And he rode the bench almost the entire season. But he’s always wanted to play football…so I let him….and it was a bust. He is such an amazing, natural runner that I can’t even believe it…such beauty and EASE when he runs. Here is one of my race reports about him.


Track starts this week….what would you do? I really need some feedback here folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails