Positive Energy Activates Constant Elevation



~RZA~

Saturday, March 6, 2010

15 Miles..and Hammer Espresso Gel

I did it…I ran 15 miles….and it was bright out and beautiful and I really didn’t feel like shit when I was done.


I left the house a few minutes before 6 because I wanted to get 5 or 6 miles in before I swung by Jeffs..that way I could do 4 miles with him and be almost done. It went really well….I like it more every time I go with him. We did a slower pace today and it really reflected in his running/walking ratio. We did WAY more running then walking today. He laughed when he saw me because my hair was white with frost…and he wondered how I don’t catch pneumonia….good question Jeff. So after I dropped him off I went and ran in the cemetery by his house…talk about peaceful! There are different sections with different names….and it about broke my heart when I came to the Cherub Garden and saw all those little headstones and people had left toys and different things….terrible…but very sweet as well.


After I left the cemetery I headed home…and I have to say…that even with Jeff in the run….I finished 13.1 miles in 2.5 hours…which was my initial goal time for the half….not bad…not bad at all. And once I realized that it would be over 14 miles by the time I got home…I added on that extra and made it an even 15 miles…which to date…is the farthest distance I have EVER run. And I don’t feel bad…a bit achey….but nothing major. I also went to Racine Cyclery after I went home and showered and picked up a BUNCH of Hammer Gels. I tried Espresso today…and Katie wasn’t kidding…that stuff was great! I picked up enough to get me through the rest of my half training and the half itself….



I then came home and picked up lil T and grocery shopped…..came home again and did laundry, scrubbed the hallway…walls, pictures and all, made shrimp stirfry…and am now relaxing waiting for MORE laundry to dry. I think I’m going to crack open a Mikes Harder Lemonade and let the laundry fold it’s damn self.


Meeting with the girls in the morning….so stolked! I'm taking Brian out for the first time since his surgery...I told him today..and he was VERY excited...maybe I'll bring my camera...hmmmm

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on the 15 miles! WTG! I concur that Hammer Gel is da' bomb. Love their products. If you're running/walking longer than 3 hours, I'd switch to Perpeptuem as fuel. That stuff is great. The unflovoured tastes like vanilla cake batter. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing job on the 15 mile run...wow! I really enjoyed this post :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. SUCH a great post and totally inspiring! I'm absolutely so impressed with your 15 miles and particularly because you felt pretty decent afterward :) I will attempt to get up to 14 in two weekends and that will be my longest run, possibly for awhile. I'm getting the impression, particularly after this weekend's 10, that I'm going to have to really be careful about my legs/knees until I can devote some much needed focus to those muscles post-Half.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails