Positive Energy Activates Constant Elevation



~RZA~

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Cemetery Running


My long runs have taken a bit of a morbid turn the last two weeks. Today I ran in Racine’s 3 large cemeteries….Mound, Graceland and one other one. Mound is so beautiful…I spent almost an hour in there…old old old. The other two are not nearly as memorable….but I’ll definitely go back to Mounds and look around. I know it may seems strange…but really…where are you going to run during the day and it be more peaceful….and safe? Full of beautiful old headstones..mixed with new ones…and a fountain..and these unbelievable mausoleums. I don’t think I’ve ever been in a cemetery that had HUGE headstones like the ones in Mounds. Crazy…I’ll take pics one of these days…and don’t I keep saying that? Racine is so very beautiful and full of history and interesting architecture…it’s a shame it’s turned into such a shithole.


So I ran 13.4 slow miles. I feel pretty good…and have an eventful weekend ahead of me…and already behind me. This morning Vincent had his first solo competition. He played Handel’s Water Music for the Solo and Ensemble competition. It was a class B and he received the highest mark they give for it which is a 1. I’m so proud of him…even if I want to strangle him most of the time. We’re having people over in about an hour for his birthday party. Right now…he’s out in Burlington with Skip bowling with his league for his first meet…or whatever bowlers do. Tonight I’m taking Dominic and his girlfriend to the movies and lil T and I are going to see Alice in Wonderland while the little lovebirds see something. I’m very curious to meet her…I asked him what she looked like and he said she looks like me….isn’t that adorable?


Tomorrow I’m meeting the girls for our morning run at Lake Andrea and then shoe shopping for at least one of the girls.


I hope everyone is having a restful or crazy weekend…whichever suites you.

5 comments:

  1. 13.4 awesome!!! Your run sounded so relaxing! I never thought of running in a cemetery, but I see what you mean. I also know what you mean about Racine in general...my boyfriend is from Kenosha originally, and he feels similar about how it's "turned out", but he'll drive us down there and show me all the more historical stuff!

    I hope you had fun meeting the GF!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How funny...I'm from Kenosha too...how old is the boyfriend? Wouldn't it be funny if I knew him?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! He's 39 (40 on Apr 17th!)...I'm pretty sure he went to Tremper HS??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh and his name is Chris Robleski...he has a younger brother and older sister.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by my neck of the woods! I guess I don't *really* hate TN....I just highly dislike it! It's the darn weather. I'm not use to this many days without sunshine and it's really starting to get to me! My boyfriend is from Dallas so he's in the same boat. Blah, tomorrow is "supposedly" going to be sunny. But they've been saying that for awhile now. I think everyone is needing some Spring!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails