Positive Energy Activates Constant Elevation



~RZA~

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Intervals, Pushups and the return of RunnerDog


He actually returned last week…but I took him out this morning to do intervals with me. I wasn’t sure how he’d do because these beat the hell outta me…but he was fine…rockin out an 8:56 pace on mile repeats like he was taking a nap. Too funny….I guess if I was 16 pounds I could do that too? And speaking of weight….not sure if I mentioned the weight goal I had of being at 150lbs by raceday….but I don’t think that one’s going to happen. I know I’ll meet my time goal if I stay injury free….but the weight one…not so much. It seems my body is determined to stay around 160lbs…regardless of what I do to my diet…or how much I’m working out…that’s just where I stick. Since I’ve started to try and drop it….I’ve stayed at or around 160 the entire time. Today I was 159….oh well.

Pushups-
Suck…big time. After my last exhaustion test I did in fact drop into the lowest level as I only completed 20 pushups before I dropped to my face….but….I’m still in the game…and I AM getting stronger…and there’s something real bad ass about doing them off your toes. Vincent is still in the top of the tiere and Dominic has decided to repeat week two before moving on…but still doing them. I am VERY proud of Dom….he could barely do one good one when we started…and he’s hanging in there…doing them off his toes as well….being awesome…being Dom…I wish I could clone him.


Work-
Skips..not mine. So he has submitted his qualifications to several different airports and made the best qualified list in Moline, IL. So the end of this month we’re packing up the kids and taking a few days down there to check out the area and he has an interview. Looks like he’s going to be the first of 6 interviews they do….knock it outta the park baby…the rest is up to God. It’s like a week before my half…so I’ll be tapering..and it will give me something else to think about.


Shoes-
So after not even 100 miles on my new ASICS, the toe on my left shoe was already wearing out. Since I bought the insurance this time…and it covers all wear and tear for a year and thirty days after the date of purchase….I took those badboys back to Dicks and got a brand new pair for nothing. I showed my runnerdude the shoes…told him I had a half in less then 30 days…and he grabbed another pair and told me good luck. Since it was under 30 days since the date of purchase…I was able to exchange them in the store….after that..I have to call Dicks and I send them the shoes and they send me a gift card for the original purchase price. This is an incredible deal if you blow through shoes the way I do. You figure you get 350-400 miles on a pair of kicks…..I run around 120 miles a month…that’s maybe 4 months on a pair of 100 dollar shoes. That shit racks up in a year! The insurance is like 12 bucks….depends on the price of the shoes….but dang…that ain’t bad.


That’s it…that’s all I got. I feel strong in my running….things are clicking and barring any catastrophe….I think this is going to be a great season. I just got mine and Vincent’s stuff in the mail for the 5K that is two weeks after my half. This is also the one that my Sunday girls are going to run. I am so freakin excited that I’m about to bust. I can’t WAIT to see them finish…and Vincent too. I bet he takes his age group….he almost did last year. And with any luck…I may take mine this year too….I came in second last year….wohhoooooo…there must have only been two of us.


Have a great day everyone…and get movin!

4 comments:

  1. I really wish I would've got the insurance! It was only $10 at Sports Authority, but I was like "my other Asics were just fine" and obsessed with *only spending the $100 since I got such a great deal! So far, except for the weird tongue issue that hurts my left foot, the shoes are fine, but I feel like, with the added miles I do now, they're going to fall apart on me! Oh well, lesson learned! I'm glad you were able to get a new pair! What's going on with the Brooks trial? Any word on that?

    I didn't even take the exhaustion test and made an executive decision just to repeat Week 2 :) Last night with "Day Two"'s last 7? SUCKED. I wonder if there's a Magic Week where all of the sudden you're awesome at push ups!

    I'm SO excited that you're feeling so great about running so far this year!! You're knocking out the mileage like a rockstar that's for sure!! I cannot BELIEVE the marathon is in three weeks. Where has the time gone?!

    PS Good luck to Skip!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog CC. I am so proud of YOU! As far as the weight, you know, muscle weighs more than the other stuff, and you are a shit brick house!

    Good luck with the Moline interview. My prayers are with you. Have fun!

    You know, Boo isn't having babies until she's 30 so the cloning thing is going to have to wait another decade or so.. ;o)
    xoxo
    KC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brick shithouse...my dad used to call me that...LOL! He'll totally rock the interview...but we'll see. I plan on using it as a vacation...it's so beautiful along the Mississippi...and the kids are totally stolked to get out of school and get away!

    Katie..the time has been pounded into the pavement..that's where. As far as Brooks goes...I submitted my stuff..and haven't heard anything yet..and when I do..I can't talk about it :) Hey...if Jeff bails on me on Sat. I can rock out that 14 miler with you if you want?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Insurance on shoes?!?! I've never heard about that but it's BRILLIANT! I'll definitely have to get that on my next pair.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails