Positive Energy Activates Constant Elevation



~RZA~

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Windy Intervals and the Beaver Lodge

It was GORGEOUS out this morning!! I didn’t want to get up…but I knew I had my last serious interval run to get in this AM and I was all about getting that out of the way. I ran on Pike River Path and just clocked out my intervals by my Garmin…damn I love that thing. Brian came with…or I went with Brian…not sure which. Saturday will be my last race distance long run….can’t wait. Jeff cornered me at work yesterday saying he wanted to run this weekend….we’ll see.
It’s funny how the lighter weather brings out the runners out here. Actually I don’t know if it’s the softer weather or if these are people training for the half in a couple weeks. The coarse is basically in my backyard…and I have NEVER seen this many people out when I’m out. Maybe one….two at best…today I saw like 4 other runners. I even chicked one on my way to the trail….that was fun. I’m a bit concerned at the current numbers for the half…..it’s looking like a VERY small field..and I really don’t want to be last. And the price? Insane….and it only goes up the closer we get to race day. I think that may be deterring people…and I’m not sure why they did that…but it was really stupid. As of today…15 days before the race…there are 293 people registered for the half…and there is NO race day registration. That’s crazy small….I’m hoping it will at least double in the next couple weeks…but with the registration fee now at 60 bucks..and going up to 65 on April 2nd…I don’t see it happening…hope I’m wrong.


The beaver lodge is now completely visible….which is awesome! I wonder if I’ll ever actually see the occupants.


I’m going vacuum hunting today….I hate my current vacuum….I’m going to drop it off a cliff later….


Have a great day everyone!



9 comments:

  1. Pss. target pink dyson, well worth the $$ LOVE mine and we all know target rocks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pink dyson? I wouldn't spend that money on a vacuum and the only thing I'd do with a pink one is run it over with my car.

    Miss you Funkygirl.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOLOL PINK is for Breast Cancer! They dontate a protion of the sale price to the Breast Cancer Foundation! Thats why I got it, and well cause it was pink too lol you know me...
    But it does work wonderful too! Had it for 2 years now and no troubles yet...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not doing it (it's a week before OshKosh, and two weeks before my Prairie Du Chien half) - but I know a few people from work that are planning on doing it. I do think it's a little expensive for a half-marathon, but maybe because of the sponsorship is why it's so pricey...? Not sure. Good luck in any case!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope the half turns out to be a fun experience!

    ReplyDelete
  6. BAAAAAHHHH!!!! It's getting to be so close!! This was a total poop-out week for me. Disappointing, but I won't let it freak me out. Anyway, I cannot BELIEVE your Half is $60+!!!! You'll be getting a tshirt and a medal I assume? My Half is ten bucks. TEN BUCKS! But we get NOTHING out of it. Well, just 13.1 miles of pure pleasure ;) Usually there are about 600 people, so that makes me feel a little better. I took a look at the breakdown of total times from last year and I'm going to be near the middle end for sure. I think there are quite a few Mke elites that race it. SO YEAH! OH!! I wanted to add that I TOO have noticed all the extra runners out. I mean I can assume that most of these people have been treading it up over the winter, but still...you and I can take pride in the fact that we huffed and puffed in the rain, sleet, snow, and slop all season! (yikes, ok, I skipped Dec, but still!)

    Ok GOOD LUCK Saturday!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. December never counts Katie..didn't you hear that?

    We get a tech shirt and a medal. This is the first race Mount Pleasant has ever put on so it's going to be interesting.

    Thanks for the well wishes!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah I think I'll remember that bit about Dec. for this year too ;)

    Oh wow, the first??? Hmmm interesting indeed, but hopefully there are a lot of dedicated volunteers excited to make it the best Half ever!!

    Can't wait to hear about your long run today! It's quite windy so hopefully that didn't drag you down? My 8 was absolutely awesome FINALLY!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails