Positive Energy Activates Constant Elevation



~RZA~

Sunday, March 28, 2010

The Amazing Women I Know...and The Taper

So it’s done….I can do nothing more to improve my race. I’ve put the work in…been basically going nonstop since like…November. I’ve done at or above race distance MANY times….done my intervals…*recently :)*, tempo, easy and long runs. Did I miss anything? Oh yes…weight training, cross training…and so many freakin leg lifts, squats, lunges, etc I can’t even count that high. Now I just need to get through this taper and not injure myself…which will probably prove harder then all the training put together!



Anyways…..I put in my 13.3 yesterday. Started at quarter to 6 so I could get in some miles before gathering Jeff…he did make an appearance by the way. It was dark but not too cold. It’s nice running early on the weekend because there’s like…no traffic. I didn’t see any other runners…weird..because it was a perfect day for it. So I hit 6 miles right as I was getting Jeff…then did 4 with him…and then the 3.3 miles home. I felt like I could keep going…but barely. My left quad felt like someone had taken a bite out of it…that’s new. And for a couple hours after I got home I could hardly walk. But it did ease up and I did a ton of shopping including making the pleasant discovery that T.J. Max carries TONS of running clothes and are priced cheaper then…like…anywhere! I picked up a new pair of running shorts….which I’m extremely picky about..surprise surprise. It’s supposed to be almost 60 while we’re down in Moline so I’m hoping to try them out. The hard thing about being so short..is finding running shorts that don’t go down to your knees. Added to that….the fact that I’m a small and a half…if there is such a thing. ..so the smalls are a bit tight for my liking..and them mediums are too loose. I’ll take the loose though.


Today was perfect.  I did my best 5K time out of a race. My personal best in a 5K race is 28:05…today I ran it in 28:15….without any race day adrenalin….just me, Kid Rock..and some sunshine….good stuff. I met Amy and Traci today. This is their second time doing race distance and we did 4 minutes running and 1 walking. They did awesome!! I am so thrilled with these girls….both rockin their new running shoes and smiles. Amy signed up for the race last week. Their excitement is contagious and I can’t WAIT for this race!! Today we shaved almost 7 minutes off our time from last week. Last week was 56:16…this week was 49:22. Good progress…we have 4 weeks.


So that’s my weekend in a big ass nutshell. Hope everyone has a great week! I need to get off my ass and start packing for our trip….it’ll be good to see Racine in the rearview.

4 comments:

  1. You have seriously worked your butt off girlie!! I couldn't be more impressed with someone's training...I know lots of various types of women training for Halfs this spring, and by far you've been the most motivated and disciplined. I guarantee you'll see the results in two weeks! LESS THAN two weeks!!! And in these two weeks, you have to really focus on harvesting all you accomplished over these last few months and then the Final Show will feel truly amazing :)

    Anyway congrats on the 5K time too!!! Can you imagine WITH the race day adrenaline?? Leaving people in the dust!!! ;) Anyway, keep healthy these next two weeks!! You are SO there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOoooooo taper time!! Sounds like you're reasy for the half! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you've been doing AWESOME...you are going to do great!! And that 5K time is killer!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies!! I'm sure you'll be hearing alot from me in the next two weeks...please disregard stupid ramblings...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails