Positive Energy Activates Constant Elevation



~RZA~

Saturday, February 20, 2010

13.2 and Orange Hammer Gel

I only planned on a 10 mile day..and either my endurance is improving…or I’m just insane…probably both. But I do have to put in a few hours at work next Saturday so a 10 miler next week made more sense. It was snowing crazy here this morning…I think it still is..but warm…like 30 degrees warm…and how sick is that that I consider that warm? I headed out and about 5 miles in was still feeling pretty fresh so decided to do one more, turn around...and have a 12 miler..and of course..at 12 miles you think..wtf..what’s another 1.1 miles in the big scheme of things? It was slushy and nasty wet…I came home soaked to my knees…but felt much better then after my long run last weekend. I really concentrated on doing slower miles…..and came closer to the 12 minute mile logging an average of 11:36 miles. It’s hard to do though…when everything in you tells you to get yer ass moving faster. Mind over matter I guess.



So I was looking at the calendar and realized that I have exactly 6 long runs left to do before my half. The very last one I do will be a week before the race and that will be a 10 miler…other than that..my plan is loose. I would like 4 of these 6 to be at race distance or better. Not for one second do I want that 13.1 to feel foreign…I want to know exactly what I feel like…exactly how my body responds. Not that you can ever predict race day…but I want to know as close as possible…every scenario that I can dream up.


In shoe news….I attempted to find my next pair this last Thursday without success. I’ve got Brooks stuck in my head and am having a hell of a time finding them. I’ve been to two different stores that are listed as dealers on Brooks website that do NOT carry them any longer. Hmmmm. Makes you think they’re not as great as people say….or at least not selling great. I did find a couple pairs on the clearance rack at Sports Authority but they were stability shoes….which I’ve never run in and don’t need…so despite the nice price tag..I passed. But again…Sports Authority..which is not even listed as a dealer…is not carrying them any longer. So now I’m torn…do I go with what I’ve always liked…or continue my search for the unknown. Time is starting to run out….anyone out there have a shoe they love?

And last but not least…I tried another Hammer Gel flavor today…orange this time. Now let me say that I hate ALL things orange except the actual fruit….but this shit was good! I think I’m hooked. Still think Huckleberry is my favorite…but this was awesome too. People that have searched for the perfect energy gel can understand my happiness…because they’re usually nasty. Love the low sugar and instant boost!


Happy Saturday All!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 comments:

  1. I have been running in Asics Nimbus (neutral plus) for a couple of years and have been very happy with them. Most of the women in our group run in different models of Asics. Not sure if that is because we all have come to like them independently or if we influence each other. I just realized that most of the men wear New Balance.

    Good Luck in the shoe hunt! I am afraid I am a coward. Once I find a model I like, I stick with it. I think a bout of Plantar Fasciitis does that to people!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Asics is what I've been with the last two years...don't know why I've got a bug up my butt about trying something new aside from the fact that every pair of Asics I've owned have worn in the toes while there was still plenty of miles in the rest of the shoe.

    I think I need to spend some time in deep meditation in a running store...LOL.

    Thanks for stopping by and for the input!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, great job on that run!
    Good luck with the shoes, I'm an Asics girl for now...no problems so don't really want to push my luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love days when you're like "yeah I'll just keep going!" Awesome awesome!! I kinda wish I had more time before the race to devote to runs around the 13.1mi length so I could also get a better grasp of how my body will handle it.

    As you'll see on my blog, I LOVED the Hammer Gel!! I had espresso and it was absolutely delicious and I wanted more :) So THANK YOU for the rec...just awesome that I didn't have to deal with a bunch of crappy gels before finding this one ;)

    As you know, I'm an Asics girl too! Mostly because of my high arches. Nikes were just NOT comfortable at all. I like that Asics come up higher on my ankle too because I have such weak ones. I just mildly rolled my left one walking around downtown in heels this weekend, d'oh! I really love my Cumulus and wanted to find another pair, but it was proving impossible (for reasons I'll get into tomorrow)...so I got Kayano 15s (for reasons I'll get into tomorrow haha!) Good luck with your continued search!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AWESOME!! I have the espresso waiting to try in my stash...I'll give that one a go next weekend...glad you liked them!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails