Positive Energy Activates Constant Elevation



~RZA~

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

New Shoes, Snow Removal and sending Jerico to Heaven

First…I’d like to give a shitty snow removal shoutout to two places of business in Racine, WI. Dunkin Doughnuts and Golden Keys Restaurant on Washington Road….you guys blow. Your sidewalks are AWEFUL!! Did you NOT notice the snow coming down? Do you not have some poor teenager that you can pay minimum wage to go shovel the area in front of your place of business? Have you tried walking let alone running on that mess? I would love to see the owners of these establishments attempt to walk those sidewalks…from one end to the other…in front of their places….and see them land on their face while attempting to cross their frozen tundra mess…screw you guys.



 Anyways…the new shoes were good…felt good….although the run itself was one of the icky ones. No gas in the tank..in spite of me doing it an hour later then on a usual Tuesday…blah. Going up a half a size seems like a good move for me…but I’ll have to take them out a few more times before I can say for sure…but initially…6 miles in…it seems good.


On the home front…we had to put down our 12 year old cat yesterday. He’s suffered a stroke about a month ago..but after a weeks worth of seizures….seemed to be doing much better..although he wasn’t getting around as well…and he scared me to death to watch him go down the basement stairs. Over the weekend he took a turn for the worse having a major seizure on Sunday night and Skip and I decided it was time. So Skip got off work a little early and took him in. Now the pet taxi has been in Lil T’s possession for awhile now…she puts whatever in it and carries it around….so when Skip took him out at the vet…..a blue yamaka came out with him. Now we’re not Jewish…and the Yamaka came from my brother Paul..who is also not Jewish…and has been sitting proudly on the back of a taxidermy stuffed turtle on the bookcase in our living room for years. I don’t know how Lil T got it..or why it was in the pet taxi…but I like to think it was Gods stamp of approval on sending Jerico home. So this blog post is dedicated to a good cat…whom I’d had longer then my husband and one of my children….I hope you are at peace…and not falling over anymore.



4 comments:

  1. :'( I'm sad for Jerico. At least he's at peace, but I've had cats all my life and putting them down was the absolute worst. But the story about the Yamaka makes me smile...moments like that are just perfection. I hope you're jauntily frolicking around somewhere out there, Jerico!

    On a lighter note, while the snow removal situation is beyond frustrating, I'm happy your shoes are working out so far! Speaking of shoe size, I got the same exact size as my other Asics, 7.5, but these new ones seem slightly smaller in the toe, which is worrying me a tad. We'll see on my run today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im so sorry CC. Hearing about Jerico makes me sad. I remember seeing piccys of him after you shaved him when you were preggers with Tink and remember that kitty to this day. Putting them down is so very hard to do but we both know he is in a better place and watching down from above, happy and healthy..
    xoxo to you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sad to hear about your kitty - we have two and I know I'm going to have a rough time putting either of them down!

    Snow removal isn't much better up here in Milwaukee...it's downright ROUGH in some parts. I lvoe running when there's a little snow out, but slush is a whole different issue!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sad about your cat. I have had to do this myself and luckily my husband was willing to take her in. I told him that I didn't think it would be safe for me to drive in such a sobbing state! I prefer to do my sobbing in the comfort of my own home. I just realized that this is how I am. If I have a choice, I would rather have the last memory of my loved one be one of them being a live, not dead. I made the same choice when my Dad died. I just didn't want that to be my last memory of him. As I told my Mom, It isn't HIM anymore. I was afraid I wold regret it, but I never have.

    Anyway..... here here to the businesses doing a bad job of snow removal!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails