Positive Energy Activates Constant Elevation



~RZA~

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Needing some sunshine!

I MISS the sun! I hate this month..and am ready for some sun. It’s doesn’t have to be warm, just some sun on my face occasionally. I wonder how my Vitamin D levels are..LOL!


Did intervals this morning…6.5 miles. I left Brian at home because it was only about 20 degrees….I’ll be happy to take his fuzzy little ass out again soon. I felt pretty good….much better then Tuesday. Skip and I went to Dicks last night and I bought some new ASICS socks so my feet were lovin me this morning. I also ordered that Garmin…it should be here in a week or so. I am completely excited about that….no more mapping for me folks…hell no! I was also eyeing shoes at Dicks….it’s funny how the athletic shoe guy knows me there…always stalking I am. I have over 100 miles on these trail shoes and I need to start thinking about buying a non-trail shoe to start rotating in before my half. The last pair I bought I really liked….I may even buy them again….but I want to some research first. I’m an ASICS girl…and generally I love them…except that they wear in the toes fairly quickly. I’ve run in Nikes and Adidas….and hated those. Maybe I’ll look at Brooks? I have a little time to decide.

So I’m heading to Dr. J this morning…so I better get lil T up and get to it. Wonder what he’ll have to say….

6 comments:

  1. LOVE Asics!! They're great for my high arches, comfy, but not TOO spongy. When I tried on a bunch there was this one pair (can't remember the brand) that felt like running on clouds and I figured that can't be a good thing ;) Question for you: I've logged 280mi in my current pair and will log 155 additional mi up to the Half. They say replace at 400...do you think I should think about replacing them pretty soon? If so, how many weeks should I "break them in" before the Half?

    PS Congrats on getting the Garmin...I'm sure that'll make life so much easier! Short runs are fine to map for the most part, but once I get into these longer ones, I'm going to get carpal tunnel I know it!

    PPS I'm really starting to loath this lack of sun too :( Luckily yesterday's ~1pm run was nice and bright (and actually a little too warm in the sun!) More days like that please :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That 400 mile mark is very loose...I have yet to get 400 miles out of a pair of shoes....350 is about my max...but...I'm considered a 'heavy weight' runner and I am NOT easy on shoes. When they start feeling like shit is what I generally go by...and that is usually around 350...then...if there's anything left...they become work shoes.

    Personally I want at LEAST 50-100 miles on a pair of shoes before I race in them...you want to know what they're going to do...no suprises. Your half is the same day as mine right? I'd get a pair within the next month and start rotating them in.

    I can not WAIT to get that Garmin...ended up paying 154 with shipping...so I was pleased. If I love it...I'll look at upgrading to the 405 in the next couple years...just can't talk myself into 300 plus on a watch unless it does my damn dishes too.

    PS...I went to Triatholon World in Kenosha to find some Hammer stuff...but it had closed. I'm going to try the place listed in Racine later today...Let me know if you find it by you...Skip works in Milwaukee so he can hit that store if they have it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well what did they doc say? i'll send the sunshine you send the snow k? I am not a runner but I love my asics too! They were the best for my narrow high arched feet..
    xoxo
    KC

    ReplyDelete
  4. I paid Dr. J a 30 dollar co-pay to tell me I'm awesome...went to Jackies house afterwords and she told me she'd have told me for 20.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hell I would have told ya that for a cheeseburger!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's GREAT advice thanks so much! I definitely don't want to run the Half in NEW shoes, that's for sure! I think I will get a pair soon...what are tax returns for, right? ;) I mean I'm going to have to get a new pair down the line anyway!!

    $154 is not bad at ALL for a Garmin! Once you start using it, definitely let us know how you like it! I'll probably upgrade from just my timer watch eventually.

    I'm going to stop at InStep one of these days for sure...I'll let you know!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails