Positive Energy Activates Constant Elevation



~RZA~

Sunday, February 21, 2010

New shoes and Underpronation

So I went to FleetFeet in Brookfield because I knew they carried Brooks among other shoes and I wanted to get an actual fitting….and in doing so I discovered two things. In running shoes….I wear an 8.5…now mind you..I’ve been wearing size 8’s since I started running…but this broad..who knew her stuff *I’ll get to that later*…told me no…I measured a bit over an 8…and that I should be wearing an 8.5. The other thing I learned…is that I don’t like New Balance shoes….the pair I tried on looked like R2D2 from starwars and felt like crap.



Now how do I know she knew her stuff? Let me start with the fact that I’m in a small group of runners that ‘underpronate’ as opposed to the usual ‘overpronaters’.
Roughly 3% of runners underpronate..and leave it to me to be one of them. I knew this a long time ago…but the fact that this broad could pick that up before I ran two feet from her really said something…she knew what she was looking for. But this means I need a neutral shoe with plenty of cushion. I liked this chic..and I would really have liked to give her a sale…but….they didn’t have anything that I feel in love with.


So what did I end up with? The exact same ASICS that I bought last time…just the newer version…from the exact same dude that sold me my last 3 pairs. But I’m hoping between going up a half size…and the fact that I bought the extended thingy that replaces the shoes for up to a year for ANY reason….these will not wear in the toe….and I will stay happily an ASICS girl.


Now I have to wait till Tuesday to try them out…..figures.


And last but not least…I met with Jules and another friend Amy at Lake Andrea this morning. Jule has been out of commission for a number of weeks but was ready to get back at it…and Amy wants to learn to run. Again I went about 20 minutes before them so I could get in a few miles before they got there. Both of them did awesome…and are raring to go. They are both planning on doing the 5K in April at the same lake…..they have like 8 weeks so they could totally run the whole thing by then. Good stuff.

6 comments:

  1. Hope the new shoes work out for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fleet Feet!!! Too funny! If I had gone Sunday, it's like we could've run into each other without even knowing ;)

    I'm glad you at least got a new pair...probably good you got that warranty, just in case! So interesting about your under-pronation though! I'm not exactly sure where I fit in. When I walk, I know I over-pronate, even just by looking at my feet from above. But when I run, it almost feels as if I AM running on the outsides of my feet. I should probably have hopped on that treadmill there and made them check ;)

    Anyway, YIPPIE! NEW SHOES FOR EVERYONE!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Tricia!! I loved the last pair..so here's hoping!

    Katie...take a look at the wear pattern on your old shoes..that should give you a pretty good idea.

    You'd have known me if you saw me...I'd have been the one yapping the poor broads ears off!

    ReplyDelete
  4. fantastic poѕt, verу infoгmative.

    I wonder whу thе oppoѕіte expertѕ of thіs sесtor do not nοtiсe this.

    Υou must pгoceed уour writing.
    Ι am cοnfiԁеnt, you've a great readers' base
    alreаdy!

    my web-site DiamondLinks.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. My partner anԁ I ѕtumbled oνer hегe from a dіfferent web address
    anԁ thought I should check things out.
    I like what І see sο i аm ϳust followіng
    уou. Look forward to lοoking over yоur web page yеt аgain.


    my blog ... Lloyd Irvin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent post. I wаs checking сontinuously
    thіs blog and I am inspired! Very helpful
    іnfo ѕpecificаlly the last section :) I deal
    with ѕuсh infο much. I used to be seeking this particular іnformation for a long time.

    Thankѕ anԁ best of luсk.

    Мy homepagе :: corporate reputation management

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails