Positive Energy Activates Constant Elevation



~RZA~

Saturday, February 27, 2010

While Visions of Marathons Danced in Her Head

My phone went off @ 6 this morning and I got out of bed and headed over to Jeffs house. I was seriously delayed because the trail that I use to get between two of the streets was totally snow-covered so what usually takes me about 3 minutes to run…took me over 10 to snowshoe/bitch/hobble through. *Note to self..do more then DRIVE BY the trail you’re planning on running* So I get over by his house and call him..he doesn’t even say hello…but says “oh..you’re not running today? I’ll just go back to bed then.” To which I told him to get his ass down here so we can go.



We had a good run….he’s holding up really well. I talked to him a little bit about slowing his pace so he wouldn’t have to walk as much and he agreed. I think he could hang a lot better if he didn’t go out like he does…LOL. I like running with him. He doesn’t expect or even want constant chatter…but its companionable silence…with some interesting conversations thrown in here and there. So 10 miles turned into 12 miles…very soggy miles…but there it is. Five long runs left till the half. But it’s cool…because going over 10 miles isn’t feeling crazy anymore..and I think if I get to the point where 13 miles feels like 10 miles…I can start thinking more seriously about a full marathon. That idea is floating around in my head and getting more and more solid…I still don’t think it will happen this year…but maybe next? I’m just still trying to figure out where to find the time….find that other 20 miles a week…any ideas anyone?


Afterwards I showered and headed down to the hospital to organize the new clinic. I think it’s going to be good. It’s so nice to have our own space and not be stuck in the corner of the ER like a naughty kid. We’ve been stuck in that corner for 5 years…that’s a long time to run that place half assed with our stuff stashed all over the hospital, wherever there was a bit of room. So we now have 4 of our very own exam rooms, two drug screen labs, an actual waiting room of our own that will not house sick people of the ER’s, a beautiful desk area with room for all three of our computers and an office for doc that isn’t on the other side of the hospital. I’m pretty excited about work for a change….but Monday will probably still be a mess….I know the schedule is….it’ll be interesting.


So tomorrow morning I’m meeting not only J, but Amy and Traci as well. This is so awesome that these ladies are up for this. I give major props to each of them and I’m going to be standing at the finish line of that 5K in April waiting for them…with the biggest mama bear grin on my face when they finish… having run the whole way…whether they want to or not…

1 comment:

  1. Omg don't even get me started on trails...mostly because I'll reserve by bitchfest for my own blog ;) Seriously though, spring cannot come soon enough, but from the looks of it, the weather for this week is pretty promising!!

    Good job on the 12!! I personally cannot wait to get over the double digit hump this coming weekend. 9 was great, but for some reason 10 seems so much greater ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails