Positive Energy Activates Constant Elevation



~RZA~

Sunday, February 7, 2010

6.5...ooopss...I mean 8

One of those runs today. It was supposed to be an easy 6.5 mile day…that turned into 8 miles…with a few intervals thrown in mid-run. It was just clicking though..so I went with it. Ran over to Lockwood Park where the boys ran some of their cross country meets this fall…but most of the sidewalk that goes around it was covered with snow so I did a bit of cross country myself. I must say…I love being able to just go..the freedom of it just blows me away. I think having this Garmin is going to increase my mileage somehow…I could be wrong of course….but it certainly takes the stress of mapping and wondering how far I’ve gone if I haven’t mapped it. Don’t know…we’ll have to see.



Now I’m just waiting for the Super Bowl to start…not that I really give a shit but it gives me an excuse to make bad food and spend time with the family. I feel like all I’ve done this weekend was run and shop..typing that out..it doesn’t sound like a bad gig.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the comment! I love doing Pilates and Yoga classes because I meet people. Since I'm new here, that's huge!

    When I run outside, I only run about 20 minutes with a 3 min walk between each 10 min interval. And only at 4.3 mph....a joke, I know, but the hills of East Tennessee kill me! I can make it to the end of my road which is about a mile away. So, I'm traveling about 2 miles total but walking 8 minutes of it (That's 5 min warmup not included in distance, 3 min walk inbetween, and 5 min cooldown that is included in distance).

    And it seems to be about my max right now. I can do 20 minutes with no walking on a treadmill at 4.3mph with the last minute or two at 5.5 or 6 mph. I plan to start doing some smaller intervals in order to increase my distance to 3.1 to prepare for my 5k at the end of March.

    I can't wait until my 6.5 mile runs end up as 8 milers. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is no joking in running!! What you're doing is amazing!! We're hoping to relocate to Knoxville, TN so I can't wait for those hills! (is knoxville hilly?)I understand being new...I bet the relaxed atmosphere is great for meeting people!

    When I started running I could run 30 seconds out of 5 minutes...and I repeated that for 30 minutes..and just increased from there. You'll get there!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails