Positive Energy Activates Constant Elevation



~RZA~

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Rollin 13.6 and Hammer Raspberry Gel

I took lil T over to Dawns house because Skip wasn’t coming home till tonight..and Dawn took mercy on me and agreed to watch T so I could get my long run in. Jeff had stuff to do today so I was going solo for the whole thing. I did take Jackson…Dawns 2- year -old chocolate lab with me for the first 4.5 miles. It was his first time out and he did awesome! Pulled the hell outta me until I turned that leash around and made it into a choke…then he was a total gentleman.
So I relaced my running shoes to try to get rid of this left foot weirdness and I think I succeeded. I laced them in the wide-foot/top of foot pain pattern and was basically pain free for the first 8 or so miles. After that I only had an occasional twinge. I laced them by skipping eyelets..especially at the bottom..so they were pretty much only laced normally at the top. Looked something like this.  I did ice it when I got home but its feeling really good right now. I’m on the fence on whether or not to cut my mileage this week…or just go status quo and see how the foot holds up. I’m buying new shoes either way next week to start rotating in….but I’m thinking of lacing my running shoes this way for good…but will decide after a little more wear.


I tried to concentrate on keeping my pace slow today. All I read about long runs say to make your pace around 2 minutes slower than your usual pace. So my usual pace is around 10 minute miles…sometimes less…so today…I attempted to run 12 minute miles….but did not succeed. I will try harder next time….12 minute miles are just really slow...KWIM?


I also tried another Hammer gel today…Raspberry..and AGAIN….it was not gross…gave an almost immediate energy boost..and didn’t make me gag. This stuff is excellent…and I am SO excited to find something that works!


So I’m meeting another newbie wanna runner tomorrow….Kudos to Allison for wanting to brave the elements and start getting healthy. J is still under the weather but is planning to join me next week. So Lake Andrea @ 8AM…rockin it newbie style…I need it after today…

1 comment:

  1. I know I'll probably struggle to take things slow on long runs too...but with your inspiration (haha!) I'm really going to try and take it easy for the 8mi this weekend. I mean, just as much as we need to practice running longer, we need to practice slowing the pace...and that might almost be harder work than the distance!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails