Positive Energy Activates Constant Elevation



~RZA~

Sunday, February 14, 2010

6.8 and Biffing in Public

I did both of these things today. Allison had an upallnight sick baby so she bailed this morning. Instead of staying and sleeping in for once in a week…my dumb ass decided to run anyways. I needed to pick up a couple things for the kids and Skip for Valentine’s day so I figured I’d run to the store and back instead of taking the car. It was supposed to be a 4 or so mile recovery run…but after I’m out there…I guess I just don’t know when to quit….and I was feeling good..so I didn’t…LOL.

On to the biffing. So I’m about 5 miles into this run…..I have a backpack full of chocolate and I’m about 1.5 miles from home….running along 16th street…where I come across a chunk of ice. Now let me preface this incident with telling you that I am a kicker…rocks, ice, snow chunks…small children…whatever. If it’s in front of me..and I think I can launch it….I give it a whirl. It was probably 20 degrees…but it had gotten fairly warm yesterday so a lot of melting had gone on….I didn’t think this little ice chunk could possibly be attached to the road in any real way…but let me tell you…it sure the hell was. So I go to give it a good kick…*have I mentioned my aggression issues?*…and it didn’t move…but I did. It was like something out of the movies…slooooowwww motion. The good news? No one saw me….the better news?.....I only cashed my palms..and right hip. Landed like a movie star I did….all elegant and shit.


The moral of this story? KICK HARDER!

4 comments:

  1. HAHA, glad you didn't get hurt too badly. I'm really ready for Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. DOH LOL I would have paid to see that one CC.
    xoxo
    kc

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your feedback about the Garmin. Just read your last post and totally enjoyed it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Anne! Whatever one you go with...I don't think you'll be disappointed...it's better then new running shoes!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails