Positive Energy Activates Constant Elevation



~RZA~

Saturday, January 16, 2010

13.25 miles and Chicken and Dumplings

Tired from the first...stuffed from the second.  Gave Chicken and Dumplings a shot for the first time and it was a big family success...really not complicated at all.  Thanks Funkygirl.

So I went out to my moms to drop V off and just left my car there and did my long run.  I really didn't have a distance in mind....I know if I run for 2 hours I go at least 10 miles....so that's my minimum for a long run.  I was feeling pretty good so I stayed out longer.  It was cloudy and overcast....but...it's January in Wisconsin...this is to be expected...lol.  It ended up being 13.25 miles and took me 2 hours 38 minutes.



Sign entering Carol Beach



Room with a view..just a random house I snapped.


Ugly dirty ice

Mini Iceburg...lol




This is my friend Sams house growing up. 
You can see across Lake Michigan
from that top room.


My parents house.




And the Hiding Tree.  We spent a ton of time up that tree growing up.
At Halloween we used to climb way up it and swing a homemade
Ghost out in front of cars.

So there's my long run and a little trip down memory lane.  It was cool to run out there...I almost never get to.  It was also crazy good to run the half marathon distance.  I hadn't done that since early fall.  My legs feel pretty good and the rest of me is even better.  I have a date with D and lil T for a movie night....Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs and Monsters vs Aliens....good stuff.


~In the words of HH....rockin it 28th Avenue Style~

4 comments:

  1. Love the pics.. Glad the CD was a hit did you add veggies? Glad the run went great! Love the parents house. Bet its all hardwood too!!
    xoxo
    KC

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cooked them on the side..and dumped them in mine and Tinkys.

    Hell no it isn't hardwood. It was a 1 story shack that got added on to...but it's home...lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol did you do flat or round dumplings?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did dumplings that I tossed off the spoon that landed in the pot..they were FUGLY!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails