Positive Energy Activates Constant Elevation



~RZA~

Monday, January 4, 2010

Off Days

I had the most wonderful 4 days off...it's being away from that place that makes me realize how very much I hate it. I don't get really bummed till I walk in....but from that moment on....it's like a huge weight on my shoulders that doesn't lift until we shoo the last injury faking, walk in at the last minute with an injury that happened two weeks ago...drug screen that was supposed to be done yesterday patient out the door. But I also think...I would be bored stiff in some little family practice clinic where I didn't see off the wall shit everyday. Who knows...but it will be a happy day when Skip gets the job he deserves and I can leave that place. I'm coming up on nine years there...that's a long time for something to wear on your soul.

So my cross training days are generally Mondays and either Wednesdays or Fridays. I always do Tae-bo on Mondays...and then this scary weight lifting chic on Wednesdays or Fridays. I also do 20 minutes of hip and knee exercises every single day to keep myself on track with my running. I totally blew out my knee last June..and then wrapped it and ran a 10 mile race on it and made it WAYYY worse. And if I slack on those hip and knee exercises...the pain comes back...as long as I do them...I run pain free.

So here's what I know about cross training. I like it...I couldn't be an everyday runner even though I love it when I'm out there. The cross is necessary...and breaks up the monotony of running and spending so much time in my own head. I also know that I can do an hours worth of Tae-bo and feel more exhaustion and like I worked harder then a two and a half hour run. The weight training doesn't get my heart rate going...but its a necessary evil..that I don't particularly mind.

Running is like my family...it's my heart...it's with me all the time. Cross training is my coffee date with girlfriends who I meet with once or twice a week...although I don't see my girlfriends once or twice a week.

Blah....I need to let this sleeping pill work and go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails