Positive Energy Activates Constant Elevation



~RZA~

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Hammer Nutrition Montana Huckleberry and 12.75 miles

*Click Me*This was seriously one of the first energy gels that did NOT make me want to hurl.  It actually tasted good...did not sit like lead in my pouch...and gave me a serious kick in the pants that I needed today when I had NO business attempting a long run after last night.  Good good stuff.  I need to find a store that carries it and try the multi pack.  I want to give it a number of run throughs before my half so I know for sure that my pouch is not going to reject it at mile 7 causing me to detour into the bushes to die. 


So we went out last night...hit a couple of bars in Racine before ending up at *This Place* to see *These Guys* who have been around FOREVER...excellent cover band...great show.  My friend Dawns husband works with their bass player and his wife bartends at McAuliffe's.  She is totally adorable...I met her at Dawns husbands Christmas party..and no..I don't know why I was there...and just loved her.  The bar was so packed I didn't even get to say 'hey' till barclose but I'll definitely go in on a notso packed night to see her...  I didn't drink very much...maybe three the entire night...but I was still exhausted and didn't get home till almost 3.  Up by 7...blah.


So needless to say...my run...along with being late in the day....also sucked.  I was dead tired from the minute I stepped out the door.  The first hour went by pretty decently...even for being dead tired.  But when i long run..I make sure I loop and go pretty far from home to make sure I don't cut it short.  I'm all about taking my chances to be a sissy away from myself.  But man...once I started to head back...even with the wind now behind me...I was TIRED!  Another stupid thing I do when I long run is don't start taking any gels or drink untill I've been out at least an hour.  There are two reasons I do this....1. so I don't have to pee..especially if it's light out...and 2. Because I'm a cheap/poor mofo and those gels are over a buck a piece.  Oh well...it's done for this week.  Don't have to think about it again for a week.


In other news...I found *This*  It's out of stock online..and it's not the one I want...but it will work till i can afford the one I want. 


Hope my two readers have a great week! 

6 comments:

  1. yay for GPS!!!
    Pouch? Um explain to virgin runner lingo..
    Great job on the run,...
    xoxo
    kc

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pouch...as in...stomach of a gastric bypass patient..

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh man...I am in awe! I would probably chicken out from such a long run after a pretty long run the day before AND drinking AND no sleep!!! I did those longish (for me haha!) five miles on Saturday and then "rewarded myself" Saturday night with libations...then just did relaxing yoga on Sunday!! Soon it won't be that luxurious though ;)

    Anyway, 1. I'm glad the Expo was a success! Next time one of those rolls around, I'm definitely going to try and make it. 2. Thanks for reviewing that Hammer gel! I'm going to need to try something once my miles start adding up. I see Amazon sells it, but I could get a sampler pack on Hammer's site (to try all the flavors!) Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like they have dealers around the milwaukee area...check their site!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow! InStep Running store is a block from my work...haha!! "Dealer Locations tab = good thing, Katie" ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails