Positive Energy Activates Constant Elevation



~RZA~

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

2 years Post Gastric Bypass...sort of

So my actual 2 year surgiversary was October 24th of 2009...but I kinda missed it.  I'm supposed to see my surgeon yearly and have a whole mess of labs drawn to make sure I'm not deficient in any way from the surgery.  Basically, I'm on a vitamin regimen for the rest of my life and this is his way of checking up on me...and making sure I'm still alive and all.  So I called this week and after my firm talking to from Mary the secretary, I have an appointment for next Thursday....and he ordered said mess of labs.  I had them drawn today...like 8 tubes of blood.  I checked them before I left and only the CBC and CMP were back...but both of those were fine. The rest should be in by Friday...so I'll peek then. 


So to date...I lost 100 pounds..but regained 12...which is normal.  I liked it at my lowest weight...but my body didn't...so I bounced back up and have been there for over a year.  I don't regret my surgery for one second...it was the best thing I could have done.  It's not the easy way....shit no....anyone who says that has not done their homework.    I've never done anything harder in my life.  Relearning how to eat, making sure I'm always up on my protein, vitamins every day..twice a day...and exercise.  I always did that...but not like I do now.  My results are not typical in alot of ways.  I have no excess skin, very little makes me sick...and honestly...most of the time I don't even think about it....it's just how I eat now...how my life is now...and I wouldn't change any of it.  I was off my cholesterol meds within a month post-op, my resting heartrate is about 54 and my bloodpressure is amazing.....and best of all....I can run for miles....LOL

3 comments:

  1. Wow 100 pounds that is amazing!! Very inspirational. I have a friend that had GB too, and you are right. It's SO much harder than everyone thinks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Drives me nuts when there's no speedbumps between peoples brains and their mouths!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. woohoo I heart you! So proud of you!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails