Positive Energy Activates Constant Elevation



~RZA~

Thursday, January 28, 2010

6.5 and tossing cookies

Dude…..cold morning……and windy to boot. It’s funny how I try to talk myself out of going running due to the weather but always manage to go out anyways. I come back covered in ice….too funny. I am thriving in this weather for some reason. My times are generally better…improving even. I feel incredible….and have barely even had a sniffle this winter. But…with that said…I’m hoping that January ends up being the coldest month…even though I know I could run in a ‘bit’ colder weather. Last year I wouldn’t even consider running in anything under 30 degrees…probably closer to 40….today is was about 4…and I was fine…..weird.

In weight news….I’m down 12 pounds from my regain. I want to drop another 10 but don’t know if that will happen. I liked my body around 150…which was pretty much my lowest….but a bit over a year out from surgery I popped up to about 162 and stayed there till late this fall when I was up to 172. This morning I was 160. I think a lot of that regain came from me reading about runners needing all these carbs to do serious distance running….what I didn’t factor in is that MOST runners are NOT gastric bypass patients. So I got back to basics….protein protein protein…with my carbs coming from fruit and whatnot instead of grains and pastas. I went back to that first summer when I was running and excelling…NOT eating carbs. And it seems to be working. I’m back to working out 6 days a week….running Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday…Tae-bo on Mondays, Scary weight training chic on Wednesday and resting on Friday. That doesn’t include the lower body maintenance exercise that I do most every day. The only problem I have, is with the mileage I’m doing…I’m always hungry…always looking for food. But…I’m reaching for fruit and protein…and I’m getting back down where I want to be…running faster…feeling awesome.
So I’m supposed to be at the dentist right now…but lil T decided to start some serious hurling this morning and I didn’t feel like spreading that around the dentist’s office…don’t mind my kid sitting in the waiting room with a bucket full of puke….yeah…I don’t think so. So T and I are big pimpin, watching the Little Mermaid and staying in. Have a great day!

3 comments:

  1. Awe poor Tinky. Hope she feels better soon. popsickles and sprite mommy..

    Great job on the run. Liking those frozen snot balls eh, those things can be deadly... Watch out boogy man flying snot balls coming at cha! LOL great job on the weight loss too..
    xoxo
    KC

    ReplyDelete
  2. It wasn't snotballs...it was snowballs!!!!! LMAO!!!

    She's ok now....spent the day in bed with Mama....Mama needed it too..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man I'm becoming to really love your posts haha! You done GOOD with the 4 degree run!! I lucked out and had that cold run Tues (not even because it was 18 degrees or whatever), indoor cross on Wed, followed by my rest day yesterday. Tonight's another cross, indoors. I feel like pansy ;) Tomorrow I do five miles, although, again, it'll be a balmy 20ish degrees or so. Anyway! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails