Positive Energy Activates Constant Elevation



~RZA~

Saturday, January 2, 2010

And the thermometer read *7* degrees

Holy crap that's cold. I had Skip drop me off down by the lake north of the zoo and told him I'd meet him at home in two hours...wtf was I thinking? 10 miles and 2 hours 1 minute 58 seconds later I was home. I saw two swans in the marina...swimming amongst the ice sheets.

I feel pretty good....I ducked into the dollar store around mile 7 and bought a hat...lotta good it did me by that point...but the new softshell jacket is the SHIT! This is my first winter staying out and not sissying up and joining a gym....and I feel real badass about this. There's something real hard core about going out in this garbage and running..for several hours no less. I ran in a minnie blizzard last Sat. morning....this also felt badass...lol. I'm lovin it though....almost better then in the summer...although this winter running requires a bit more preparation...as in two layers all the way across the board, chap stick, extra gloves, cellphone..blahblahblah. Summer requires as little to wear as possible..and the mp3..much easier.

As long as I can keep my mileage up...I'll be more then ready for the half in April...and so far this winter...I've not only kept my mileage...but actually increased it by adding that fourth day of running back in by meeting J every Sunday morning....I'm holding between 25-30 miles a week....good shit.

Skip and I are enjoying a much needed kidfree weekend thanks to the ex-husband taking the boys and lil T....god bless him and his 1 month sober ass....booya.

I need to thaw.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails