Positive Energy Activates Constant Elevation



~RZA~

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Running with people Etiquette

Sooo sleepy. I’m adjusting to the early hours…sort of. I love not having to worry about running at night and taking away from the family time. Takes so much pressure off.

There’s a fella at my work that is a runner…a kind of in hiatus runner but a runner nonetheless. He saw me out running with Brian a month ago or so and told me about seeing me. I immediately told him when he was ready to get going again to let me know and we could run together….and he’s finally taken me up on it. He ran the Marine Corp. Marathon in D.C. in October and has been off since then so I figure at least at first…we may be evenly matched. I guess I’ll find out on Saturday because we’re meeting for an easy 4 plus miles over on Pike trail. I’m kind of tweeked because I’ve never run with a ‘real’ runner before. Just V and J.. who is learning. This dude has 4 marathons under his belt…he’s the real deal. I’m a two year young runner whose longest race was a bad 10 miler. I’m not sure how this works…we’re acquaintances at best, having never even spoken before him seeing me out running. What do you talk about? Do you have to talk? Can you hack lougies in front of them? Is it considered gross to jet of into the bushes to pee if you’re running with a dude? Blah….

Tomorrow night is date night…it will be nice to see my husband for a second for a change. He told me he’s going to Oklahoma next week…I wonder what for?

4 comments:

  1. Hmm OK? What on earth for?
    The run:
    Hack your loogies, blow your snot, if he is a MAN he wont mind at all, and if he does he will get over it, who gives a shit if he doesn't. Pee before you leave.. No squating missy that'll definatly get the boogeymans attention.. RAh
    xoxo
    KC

    ReplyDelete
  2. sex night consists of getting our taxes done..LOL!

    We'll only be out for maybe 40 minutes or so...so I guess the peeing in the bushes isn't an issue...but if he longruns with me..it's gonna be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I try avoid running with people at all costs for those very reasons! But I ran with my "seasoned runner" step-dad and it wasn't so bad. The only things we said were "left here" "let's go right". Ha! Good luck! Oh and have fun on your date night ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails