Positive Energy Activates Constant Elevation



~RZA~

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Great Lakes MultiSport Cycling and Running Expo

Great Lakes MultiSport Cycling and Running Expo

What a great expo! Lots of freebies, I had my running gait assessed, coupons and being amongst my own kind of people. I was hoping it would be more running then anything…but it wasn’t. Lots of Tri and cycling stuff.  Lil T scored lots of candy, pens etc.  She could have done some running herself but she wasn't having that....certificate or not.


I had some great ladies from Aurorah Sports Medicine assess my running.  Got up on the treadmill and they videoed me for a couple minutes and then we sat down and watched it.  They didn't really tell me anything I didn't know...I underpronate which I knew...and I have about a 3 degree hip drop on either side..which I also knew.  But it was fun to see what my tankass looks like when I run...too funny.


Hammer Nutrition in particular caught my eye.  Looks like they have some great gels and tablets.  I got several samples that I'll try on my long runs in the coming weeks.  They look perfect for me due to the low sugar content.  These are the samples I picked up from them.













I'll review these after I try them..but the looked excellent and the prices are reasonable. Real nice gal named Erika working the expo...informative and totally unpushy.

So on to my run with Jeff.  It went really well.  I almost wiped out on the ice once and he caught me...he almost wiped once and I caught him.  Now the second time he started to go down, I didn't catch him..and he kinda bit it....but all in all...it was good.  We did a good bit of walking...but for his first time out since October...it was really good.  I would definitely do it again and plan to next weekend.  He works 6-2 during the week so we can't go unless we went at night..which I don't want to do. So we're set up to do another 4 miler next week.  I'll run from my house to his which is around 3 miles...do 4 with him..and then 3 home.  So I'll incorporate him into my long run.  Good.

13 plus tomorrow.

Heading to the bar tonight to see a show with some girls from work...need to take it easy on the booze or that's gonna be one miserable run.



1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you were running drunk this am. lol glad he caught you though.. Keep on truckin CC.. Koodos on the free goods, freebies are the best!
    Want to see the video of you running...
    xoxo
    KC

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails